Thursday, January 12, 2012

Listening to music & your training partners


1/11/12     My last blog entry focused on some of the music I listen to while running. That entry also made it seem like I only listen to music while running by myself, and while that used to be the case, it isn’t anymore. Not since I stumbled upon a company called One Good Earbud that “…mixes both channels of sound from a stereo audio device into a single ear - enabling the wearer to maintain alertness in any environment.” This allows me to listen to my music while still be able to hold a conversation with my training partners and stay alert to the traffic and wildlife around me.
     The company was started by one of my friends from back when I was in high school, and the website is a must-see for any endurance athlete or fitness fanatic that wants to be aware of their surroundings and still rock out to their favorite tunes. Check out http://onegoodearbud.com/ to see their available products that will make your exercising both more safe and enjoyable. The sound quality is excellent for all types of music and the in-ear comfort is second to none. I was glad I didn’t wear my wireless headphones on Wednesday’s 10-miler, as the traffic along Manchester Road became quite heavy and I needed to hear the cars coming from behind me.
Rock on road runners!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment