Monday, January 30, 2012

Afternoon Zombie Run

1/27/12     By the time Friday finally rolls around every week, I’m usually jumping for joy that I can get home by 3:30pm to start the weekend off right by spending time with the family. Unfortunately, T.G.I.F. wasn’t my phrase of the day since I needed to work my part-time job until 9:30pm and wouldn’t be able to see my sons smiling faces until early Saturday morning. To make things worse, I needed to squeeze in a 5 to 6 mile run between teaching and selling sporting goods in a cold January rain the day after a track workout that drained me of all the energy I had stored in my tank. 
     Add to that an unsettled stomach that prevented me from eating anything of sustenance during the day and what you end up with is a zombie-like runner whose 5.5 miler was like running through a thick, hazy fog while waving at oncoming traffic just to make sure they moved over enough to allow me the shoulder I needed (since much of South Windsor doesn’t have sidewalks for some reason). But hey, I got my run in and over with in time to allow my body 12 hours of rest before heading out early the next morning with my buddy Matt on his marathon-paced run.

No comments:

Post a Comment