Saturday, January 28, 2012

3, Is a Magic Number

1/26/12     After logging two days worth of miles with Paul on Tuesday night, I decided it would be best to rest my legs and body the following night in order to be ready and raring to run the 4x1200 track workout on the schedule for Thursday night. It was a good decision on my part. My feet felt great during the intervals and I was successful at running negative splits for all 4 of the 1200s. I wanted to go through the 800 around 2:58/2:59, which I did each time, and then kick it in as much as I could for the last lap to finish around 4:23.
     It was more and more difficult to kick it into overdrive for the final 400 as we worked through the intervals, but I'm proud to say that each of them was as fast as I could have gone Thursday night. My splits ended up being: 4:23, 4:24, 4:24, and 4:22. Letting my training partners start a hundred or so meters in front of me each time worked great, and was added motivation for me to try and catch up to them between the 600 and 800 meter mark. I still can't believe we've been able to run ALL of our track workouts on an outdoor track in January...how crazy!
     Let's hope that the month of February is as kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment