Tuesday, January 3, 2012

warming up the hills

1/3/12     With temperatures in the teens tonight (single digits with the wind chill) it didn't take long to warm the body up as Paul and I sprinted up Ferguson, Mountain, Ludlow and Dale streets off East Middle Turnpike for our first hills workout of 2012. When I first walked out the door into the cold night around 9pm, my face froze almost instantly. I was really hoping the stronger winds would hold off until much later on on the evening, and was ultimately glad that they did.
     After running all 4 streets, with the incline increasing as we moved eastbound, we decided to end the run on Ferguson as it was also the first hill we had run tonight. Since 5 has always been my lucky number, and I also wanted to save something in the tank for Thursday's track workout, I decided to call it a night after our 5th hill repeat. It really felt great to be able to run all the hills that strong so early in this training cycle.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you run that late at night! And in the cold--I would be so wired I wouldn't be able to get to sleep forever! But good for you...I'm in an area in Florida that is really flat, difficult to find hills around here.

    ReplyDelete