Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2 Out of 3 Ain't Bad

1/29/12     I tried to wake up early Sunday morning for my long run of the week. Honestly. I really, really, really tried to get out of bed before 4am, but my body just wasn’t listening to either the alarm clock or my brain. So once again, I listened to my body and logged an extra couple hours of sleep. I already knew before going to bed the night before that if I wasn’t able to get out of bed to run with Matt before dawn, I could wait until after dark and have Paul to keep me company on the long run.
    It’s great to have that option, especially on a day that my training usually requires me to log anywhere between 13 and 22 miles. Running for hours is much more tedious, not to mention boring, when you have to go it alone. Unfortunately, this option I have only works in favor of the two who run together and not so much for the one left to his thoughts (and possibly some music) to keep him company for those long, long miles.
     Sorry Matt, if I were years younger and in Olympic-caliber condition then I would run twice every Sunday for both the mileage and the camaraderie. But more importantly, so that I wouldn’t be the only one of the three to have someone to run with regardless of whether I ran before sunrise or after sunset. We’ll just have to find another runner training for a May marathon to add to our group to make it equal for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment